Permalink is a subjective term in WordPress only friendly type, instead of ID is difficult to remember.
And there is a very important note with Permalink below.
Permalink is a term used in WordPress for user-friendly or search-only paths, rather than for ID paths that are difficult to remember.
A simple understanding of Permalink is the structure of the links.
– Friendly link of the form: www.domain.com/friendly-path.html
– Instead of an ID path of the type: www.domain.com/?p=123
With friendly links, just look at the path you were able to figure out the content of the article.
Also with ID path is too difficult, right? That is a great effect of Permalink.
Especially in SEO, the search engine loves the first version rather than the second.
You go to the WordPress admin panel, then select the menu to the left of Settings> Permalinks
Common Settings: Common Settings.
Default: Path structure by default ID.
Day and name: The path structure with the type of post-date and post.
Month and name: The path structure with month, year, and post type.
Numeric: The path structure displays the article ID.
Post name: Only display the name of the article on the path. (The Perfect WordPress SEO Permalink Structure)
Custom Structure: Customize the path structure.
– Initially you modify the permalinks form (A): http://domain.com/2016/01/first-post.html
– Visitors find your article useful, using the form (A) to share your articles on other websites such as facebook.
– Later you change the permalinks format (B): http://domain.com/admin/first-post.html
So when someone else clicks on the old link (A) shared on facebook, it returns an error page. Google and search engines do not like this at all.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.